Welcome back to Wem Town Hall. We put customer safety at the top of everything we do which means that at this time we are asking customers to keep 2 metres apart and wear a face covering whilst on the move inside the building.
What you can do to help us be Covid Secure
- Face coverings – Face coverings are required to enter Wem Town Hall and to move around the building.
- Hand sanitising – All visitors must sanitise their hands upon entering the building.
- Social distancing – Please keep 2 metres distance from others where possible. There will be separate doors to enter and exit the building.
What we are doing to help keep you safe:
- All staff members have received COVID-19 specific training. They will undertake a daily temperature check and sign a daily health declaration prior to commencing work.
- Volunteers supporting WTH activities have undertaken COVID-19 specific training relating to their role. They undertake a temperature check prior to commencing their task.
- Limited numbers – Numbers will be limited to make sure that we operate safely, that might result in a queue; please accept our apologies if this causes a delay.
- We have instigated an enhanced frequency of cleaning and sanitisation regimes throughout the venue, with particular focus on high contact areas. There are hand sanitising points throughout the premises and we request that all visitors sanitise their hands upon entry to the building. All seats and tables are cleaned with anti-viral products between sittings.
- All staff will wear a face covering throughout the building.
- Our toilets will be regularly cleaned and limitations on guests using the facilities at any given time will be in place to help maintain social distance.
- Where possible doors and windows will be opened to facilitate extra ventilation.
- We will respectfully ask you to maintain a policy of social distancing of 2m wherever possible when on the premises, and our team are also encouraged to maintain a safe distance where possible.
- We have carefully considered the spacing differences between tables and chairs to adhere to social distancing and request that they are not moved.
- Disposable menus will be used once and disposed of. No marketing materials will be placed on the tables.
- We do still accept cash but kindly ask you to use contactless payments wherever possible.
- Dishes, cutlery and glassware will be thoroughly and continuously disinfected, and we will continue to regularly sanitise all surfaces and furniture that may be in contact with our patrons.
Why are you asking customers to wear face coverings?
We want to make it as safe as possible to visit Wem Town Hall so thank you for helping us to protect our community.
Do you have a risk assessment?
Yes, please follow this link: WTH General Operation Covid-19 Risk Assesment
We also have a risk assessment for the safe delivery of film showings, please follow this link: WTH Cinema Covid-19 Risk Assesment
Will you take cash?
Yes but we prefer contactless payments wherever possible please.
Are the toilets open?
Toilet facilities are currently open to customers of our venue, cafe and market.
Is the book swap open?
The book swap is not currently available. If you have any books to donate, we kindly ask you to keep hold of these for now and we hope to re-instate this service soon.