WTH prioritises maintaining a safe and welcoming venue for all.
What you can do to help us be Covid Secure:
- Face coverings – Unless exempt, face coverings are required to enter Wem Town Hall and to move around the building. They may be removed when consuming refreshments.
- Hand sanitising – All visitors must sanitise their hands upon entering the building.
- Social distancing – Seating capacity at events has been capped at 2/3 so audience members can seat themselves distanced from others.
What we are doing to help keep you safe:
- All staff members have received COVID-19 specific training. They undertake a daily temperature check and sign a daily health declaration prior to commencing work as well as undertaking lateral flow tests at least twice per week.
- Volunteers supporting WTH activities have undertaken COVID-19 specific training relating to their role. They undertake a temperature check prior to commencing their task.
- Limited numbers – Numbers will be limited to make sure that we operate safely, that might result in a queue; please accept our apologies if this causes a delay.
- We have instigated an enhanced frequency of cleaning and sanitisation regimes throughout the venue, with particular focus on high contact areas. There are hand sanitising points throughout the premises and we request that all visitors sanitise their hands upon entry to the building. All seats and tables are cleaned with anti-viral products between sittings.
- Where possible doors and windows will be opened to facilitate extra ventilation.
- Disposable menus will be used once and disposed of. No marketing materials will be placed on the tables.
- We do still accept cash but kindly ask you to use contactless payments wherever possible.
- Dishes, cutlery and glassware will be thoroughly and continuously disinfected, and we will continue to regularly sanitise all surfaces and furniture that may be in contact with our patrons.
Why are you asking customers to wear face coverings?
We want to make it as safe as possible to visit Wem Town Hall so thank you for helping us to protect our community.
Will you take cash?
Yes, but we prefer contactless payments wherever possible please.
Are the toilets open?
Toilet facilities are currently open to customers of our venue, cafe and market.
Is the book swap open?
The book swap is not currently available. If you have any books to donate, we kindly ask you to keep hold of these for now and we hope to re-instate this service soon.