We’re getting very excited for next week’s screenings of Far From the Madding Crowd, a beautiful new adaptation of Thomas Hardy’s novel which is guaranteed to sweep you off to 19th century England!
Far From the Madding Crowd is on Tuesday 21st July at 1pm and Thursday 23rd July at 7.30pm. Click here to book tickets
This got us thinking – what are the ultimate tv/movie literary adaptations? Here are ours:
1. North and South – hello, Richard Armitage!
2. Clueless – Austen’s Emma meets 80s fashion – winning combination!
3. Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby – because wow!
4. To Kill a Mockingbird – triple Oscar Winner!
5. Wuthering Heights –Tom Hardy, enough said (spotting a theme?!)
6. Sense and Sensibility – Austen and Emma Thompson – what a duo!
7. Harry Potter Series – our favourite character trio!
8. Bridget Jones’ Diary – double whammy – Colin Firth AND Hugh Grant.
9. Lord of the Rings – if you like it put a ring on it!
10. Muppet Christmas Carol – ok maybe Dickens didn’t envisage Victorian England with furry Muppets but we’re glad Jim Henson did!